Friday, October 11, 2013

Our Beautiful Days This Week

This week we had gorgeous, amazing, beautiful, perfect fall weather. We cherished our outside time.


Tuesday was pretty windy weather, so Brad and I quickly decided it would be great to take the kids to fly kites after he was done working that afternoon. After nap we told them we had a surprise and they were SO excited when it was finally time to tell them and then head to the park. Love just hearing that excitement over these things in their little voices. They did a great job when Brad finally got them in the air. :) They were so proud of themselves!

One neat moment for me from the evening actually came from a little girl who was at the park. There were four kids who came over and Lorelei offered to let them fly her kite. After the girl had a turn (guessing she was maybe 8?) she said, "Thank you so much for letting us do this. No one has let us do this before." It just warmed my heart that she said thank you so nicely, and broke my heart at the same time thinking how this was the first time these kids had ever flown a kite. Very thankful that we can do this for our own kids and give them these simple little happy moments.


Digging up worms!

My kids are so brave! Yuck!


We are probably going to put a simple sandbox up in the yard if we can beat the snow. There was a place in the yard that looked like it once had a pool so was just nasty weeds and no grass, so we started digging up the weeds so they wouldn't be under the sand. They have loved digging in the soil all week!








Park Time!

Makin's Favorite Library Book...Pretty Much Ever :)

School Stuff From The Week...


One of my latest ideas...actually from my own brain. ;) Basket full of toys and the kids put them with the letter they belong with.  Also below, we made four trees with the letters she is having the most trouble with. The leaves have pictures of them to match with each letter. Lorelei loves to group things (I read that is  something they are into at this age) so I'm hoping that is a good way to help her learn. We also buried letters in dirt and dug them up. :) And as for Lorelei and her workbook...I don't get it but she totally loves these things! I found one for $1 and she wants to do tons of pages and you have to pry her away...so I guess we are just going to do lots of learning methods and hope she learns it by summer! :)


Love My Days

2 comments:

  1. Kite flying is so much fun! I hope your beautiful weather stays for a long time (we've now had a solid week of rain).

    ReplyDelete