Monday, March 3, 2014

Lorelei At 5 1/2

You are officially 5 1/2, love it, know it, and let everybody you see know it. :) You are still our excited, chatty, social, bundle of energy and brighten each of our days.

You do a great job staying in character when you are playing puppies etc.

When you get goofy (and sometimes just randomly) you talk with an accent.

You need lots of quality time. Even though I'm with you every day, there are often nights where we will cuddle before bed and you will say, "I need some Mommy time. I feel like I hardly saw you all day."

Our Snow Princess
You are really getting into writing words and spelling words for me to tell you what they say. You are very excited to learn to read now that you know your letters. :) You are still not that enthused to work hard on perfecting your number recognition now though! :) You would much rather just color.

You want everyone to be your friend. It really seems to mean a lot when someone is friendly to you or if they aren't.

You are learning what its like to have another leader personality with you several days a week and learning to make sure to still think for yourself and stick up for yourself. Having a group children at our house has also brought out some "leadership" qualities in you both good and bad.

You are up and down with how much sleep you need. We seemed be getting down to only one or two naps per week, but lately we have been having more again. Maybe you are growing or we are just doing too much?! You still have quiet time for about an hour each day and really seem to enjoy having that down time in your room by yourself. I'm very thankful you are so good about that.

You learned how to snap a few weeks ago and love showing everyone and perfecting how loud you can snap.

Lorelei's Favorites (her answers in red, but I also want to know what I think go along with her answers for when I read this years from now!)
Cereal: "haybales" and chocolate cheerios (which she only gets at Nana's house!)
Book: Franklin books, Dr. Suess Books, Berenstein Bears, Fancy Nancy...this girl likes variety and loves them all
TV Show/Movie: Tinkerbell (when we watch them. :) )  
Food: Basketti (Spaghetti), white wine Chicken
Snack: Chips and Salsa, Pretzels, Popcorn
Place At Home: my room or Kitchen doing crafts :)
Place Out: Eating out at Red Robin, parks, church
Toy: puppies, stuffed animals, ponies
Song: Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star




New Snack Creation By L -
Graham cracker, yogurt topped with pretzels
Quotable Moments:

(I was talking about getting a bigger vehicle, before we got the van of course.)
"Hey! We should get a limousine!"

Me: I might loose my mind.
Lor: But I will catch it!

"Don't you think the tree looks prin? That's a fancy word for pretty."

"I have your bottom!"

(eating Lays Chips, which is a rare treat!)
Makin: Oh, a folded one!
Lorelei: Oh, those are the best! Right Mommy? (My grandm'as favorites are the folded lays, and I'm continuing on that tradition. :) Love that she remembers those little     things.)

(I was talking with them about going to the pediatrician.)
Me: You may have to get shots. But after that you can get a treat after...or something special.
Lor: Like...Ice skating!?

(Asking about my name...) "Even Spanish people call you that?"

Almost daily, "What kind of animal eats _____?" and then pretends to be that animal eating her food.

(Trying to sharpen a colored pencil and it kept breaking.) "It just gets down to nubbins!" (If you are not Berenstein Bears savvy that is what they say about Sister biting her nails...)

(Trying to convince Makin to use sauce with his spaghetti noodles) "It slurps better with sauce!"

Both kids love when I vacuum. Just to show how much they love it, the other night Makin was poking around not wanting to eat his supper. Lorelei tried to get him to eat it by saying, "You won't get your vacuum reward..."

No comments:

Post a Comment