Tuesday, March 18, 2014

St. Patrick's Day 2014

Truth be told, I'm not that into St. Patrick's Day! As I was trudging through lesson plan and craft ideas for the holiday, I realized my heart just isn't into it like it is on other holidays! I do not care about leprechauns! :) 

So, I told myself it will be confined to ONLY Monday as our craft day so there would be minimum planning involved. Well, our friend Miss Allie (the four year old) is a craft queen. Now that she has seen what I can come up with, she has some high expectations. :) So, she requested a craft, and this was in the back of my mind...so we quickly printed rainbows and then cut up scrap paper...well, sort of quick. So, viola, pretty rainbows out of cut up papers. Our Pre-St. Pats craft. :) Lorelei asked to color one since I had an extra page.


We made clover cookies. Traditionally, my mom just used green sprinkles on her St. P sugar cookies (as opposed to the usual frosting) which I've decided is because she was simply very tired of frosting cookies by March since she does these for nearly every holiday. :) I was all about keeping it simple too, so we just had fun sprinkling them just like Nana does! :)


(You may notice Makin is cutting out butterflies...we ran out of green sprinkles so had to switch to something other than shamrocks for the last part of the dough! :) )


On St. Pats We...

Made edible rainbow bracelets with Fruit Loops cereal. My kids were so psyched they got to get kid's cereal at the store! :) 


Blew up green balloons (98 cent entertainment here people) and I drew faces on them. You can never go wrong with balloons. They loved the faces and each had their own name on a balloon. Lots of fun hitting them around that day.
Learned a bit about St. Patrick and all he did. I told them how he used the three leaf clover to explain the trinity, then they colored and cut out a three-leaf clover and glued the extra hearts on top of it, which had the three parts of the trinity. We also painted with green paint on green paper with green glitter. :)

We had lots of green fruits and veggies for lunch along with shamrock-shaped sandwiches.


Hope you all had fun wearing green! :)

1 comment:

  1. Great balloon pic! Your one day of crafts for a holiday you're not crazy about is significantly more than what I ever do. :-) You're amazing with crafts and activities.

    ReplyDelete