Sunday, January 31, 2016

January Ho Hum

My apologies for the lack of excitement this January. We have had sort of a "ho hum" month, still keeping plenty busy with school and extracurriculars, but doesn't seem like much to warrant its own post! So here is just a mix of the pictures from the rest of the month!


Lots of Lego Time and Coloring Time (The kids are talking me into way more pajama days lately! Something about being snug and cozy and not going out I think...)



Winter = Lots of Games!



Block Creations



1st Grade Class After School Hot Chocolate Social



Makin and I are helping make copies at school Tuesday mornings between drop off and soccer. He is going to be a pro at the copier at age 5. :)


We finally got a Frisco Library card and are now reading "The Long Winter" which makes me cold just reading it and so thankful for my heater, among many things! I love having Lorelei so excited to hear what happens next.















Visitors


Jerry and Joyce enjoyed some games after supper, including Jenga.



We enjoyed catching up with a friend we hadn't seen in 11+ years, Mitch and his family.


Warm Up

We were thrilled to get the trampoline up on the last day of January. The kids enjoyed an ice cream treat and jumping in the sunshine. They love playing catch from the trampoline too. (Can barely see the ball in the pic with Brad.)



Personal Time
An unexpected January surprise for me has been more personal time than I have had since college! I have been able to have girls nights/coffee/lunch dates and even took a photography class one Sunday. It is taking some getting used to but I'm loving it!



I have been enjoying our rhythm this month as I attempt to get a better life balance. I guess that is a good way to sum up my fresh goals with the new year. The homeschool/mom routine is going more smoothly and I feel like we are all liking the tweaked schedule. :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a good month! The kids are so cute in their PJs. Sydney is all for that, as well. Glad you are getting more you time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for personal time!! It sounds like you guys have a great rhythm going.

    ReplyDelete