Monday, August 15, 2016

Summer Fun Sprint - Dates, The Lake Beach, Daddy Tent, Friends, Pool Time

With the start of school looming before us, it felt like a sprint these last couple of weeks to pack in every bit of summer fun we could.

August Dates
We have never watched the TV show Ninja Warrior, but a friend told me about this location when she knew I needed something fun to do with Makin. Oh. My. Word. This boy went nonstop for two full hours and said he wanted to stay longer next time. This was such a good fit for Makin, so no doubt we will be back. I'm not sure he will get to the top of "the wall" for a few more years though...but sure not from lack of trying!


Makin and I actually got two dates. Enter the world of drop-off play dates and birthday parties. Looks like my one-on-one with my not-so-little-man will happen a bit more often than I thought! We headed for a free (for a rewards card) pastry at Panera and then headed to the library. It was nice for me to have one more time of our little library tradition. Makin requests that we drive to the top (in this case second from top...too hot to park in the sun!) of the parking garage so he can ride down the elevator.



Lorelei and Brad's Date was to Cici's Pizza, which they both were a little dissapointed in, but sometimes that is just how it goes! :) They still enjoyed the time together.


The Lake Beach
So, we haven't been able to make it to the lake as much as I would have liked this summer. First it was flooded. Then there was a huge concern about all the bacteria in the water. I knew we had to fit it in before school started. The kids were so thrilled to be there. When I'm enjoying the sand, sun and water I am appreciative we have this very close to home, and I also get a bit nostalgic missing living close to the actual beach, enjoying this more often.

This guy insisted the dump truck make the trip.




"I love the smell of sand!"

Floating Mud Pie Creations

This became quite the project and I wish I would have gotten another picture before we left.
They could have stayed all day!
(Hopefully we can when its a bit cooler! You can home-school in the sand right!?!)

Daddy Tent
When Dad watches you over lunch while Mom grocery shops...you eat lunch in a huge tent.


Friends
We packed in several play-dates with friends, a drop-off included (still getting used to that!) but I didn't get many pictures. It seemed like everyone was trying to fit in just one more time to get together before the school rush.

Ice cream with Ki, Kaitlyn and Hailey


Pool Time
We have loved our pool time all summer. :) These guys have increased their swimming stamina that is for sure. Lorelei is talking about possibly wanting to be on swim team, but we will see what she says next summer. :) She did enjoy swimming her hardest and wanted to be timed the short length of the pool. They both just kept getting better and better each week.


No comments:

Post a Comment