Thursday, August 11, 2016

Watermelon Day

It just has to have its own post. :) This year still didn't get much preparation for Watermelon Day (the first year I think I had books from the library, crafts etc.) but we still love our little summer tradition. :) I bought a watermelon at the store knowing we needed to fit it in before school started. As I opened the back of the vehicle, the watermelon rolled right out and cracked open...sooooo when I asked the kids about how soon we should have it, it became THAT DAY. While I cooked supper, they decided this year they needed to decorate for Watermelon Day. Makin wanted to make his own page to show the stages of the watermelon (actually going from right to left in the picture) and Lorelei constructed her own centerpiece for the table. I was loving their individuality on each project and love how they had such fun decorating. (I had red crepe paper in a tote in the garage!)


"Really we should call this Watermelon Picture Day..." -Brad Stahl






Both kids tend to favor different fruits, and Makin loves watermelon more than Lorelei. She ate a good share and then said she was filled to the brim. 
Makin said (with a mouthful of watermelon), "I can eat hers!"


Watermelon Day 2016 in the books! ;)

1 comment: