Thursday, September 8, 2016

Makin Turns Six

This kiddo is every bit of his six years. :) Somehow he seems so grown up yet it still my sweet baby boy, all at once. :)
















His morning started with his request of a breakfast-in-bed cinnamon roll.

Opening gifts...


This year he got only one gift from us, which he had been wanting for 6+ months. A robot cat. :) Doesn't shed, poop, or need to be fed, so we could oblige. ;)



He spent his day at school and celebrated with Krispe Kreme football donuts. For a kid who loves donuts this was so perfect. :)

















Makin was insistent that he have a construction cake for his birthday this year. When I reminded him of my rule of only baking one cake per kid, he agreed, without missing a beat, that they would just not have cake at his party, and have Space Dirt instead. So, I had the job of making one elaborate construction cake. Sometimes I really don't like pinterest...but really, this was my only big cake this year, and even though it is always stressful, I hope my kids really feel special when I make them their cakes.


"I want the slice with the trees and boulders..."

He chose pesto stuffed shells for supper. 
He may be the only super-picky eater in the world who loves pesto. ;)


Thankful for a fun day celebrating our SIX year old!

2 comments:

  1. He looks so grown up! Great job on the cake. I liked all the pics, but especially the ones of him opening presents & with his robot cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the robot cat is a strong hint to get a real cat. :-) Happy 6th Birthday to Makin and his super cool cake.

    ReplyDelete