Monday, October 31, 2016

Halloween 2016

Pumpkin Carving
It is always interesting to see what the year will bring for our pumpkins. Brad is the designated carver and I'm the seed cleaner and baker. We like it this way. :) This year the kids wanted to draw a picture for Brad of what they wanted, then have him draw it on the pumpkin, then they carve it. Both didn't quite get all the carving done, but and worked hard on them. Brad finished up when they ran out of steam. They both wanted scary pumpkins this year. For some reason they are really liking the scary and "trick" part this year, and spent a good part of a day setting up contraptions on the front porch they hoped would scare the trick or treaters.




Cookies
At the last minute I was disappointed that I rarely make sugar cookies with my kids. My mom was a champ at this, so I would like my kids to have a few good cookie memories too! :) Makin was my trooper and cut them out without any help from big sis. :) She helped when it came to frosting though. They both had fun decorating...and eating of course.



All Dressed Up
This year Lorelei decided to be Merida (from the movie Brave) after deciding to purchase a Merida dress with her birthday money. :) Makin is very into Legos and after seeing Nexo Knights at Legoland and then reading a book or two, he was thrilled with the idea of being a Lego Nexo Knight this year.




They both walked for about an hour, and then enjoyed handing out candy for another hour or so.

Happy Halloween!!!

2 comments:

  1. Again, I LOVE their costumes. The pumpkins are awesome! Good job making the cookies. I am not good at the cut out cookies, but I loved having them at your house growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great Halloween costumes! My kids are really into "scary" Halloween stuff too. Looks like they did an amazing job carving their pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete