Wednesday, November 30, 2016

November Wrap Up

Between all the other posts we didn't have a whole lot going on that was post worthy...but there were a few things!

Piano Delivery
My dad brought us my grandma's piano that has been sitting at their house for about two years now. We are grateful for this gift, and it is extra-special knowing that my mom and uncles learned to play piano on it. I have lots of wonderful memories of my mom playing it for my grandma on our visits to her house. Lorelei is interested in lessons at some point and Brad enjoys just playing by ear and memory. And no, we didn't leave the piano in the laundry room, its just the only pic I got of my dad moving it. ;)



Dates
We fit in November dates, but they were very low key. Brad and Lorelei went out to the popcorn store during one of Makin's soccer practices and then Makin requested a Wii date with Brad for his choice. Lorelei and I headed out to the lake so they could have girl-free time in the house. She could have stayed and played in the sand a lot longer!



Grandparents Day
Our kids were a little bummed they had long-distance grandparents for this school event, but they certainly were not alone. :) I did go to video tape the kids so we could post it for the grandparents. Sorry for the somewhat unsteady videos!










ER Visit
One of my latest parent fails would be not checking more closely on Lorelei's earrings. After we hit the 8 week mark of cleaning and turning them every day, I was sick of it so I got lazy (and she also whined during the turning...making it another thing for us to argue about) and just left the same pair of earrings in. This resulted in one of her earring backs somehow going into her earlobe. And yes it was as gross and painful-looking as it sounds. Thankfully it was a home-school day the morning we woke up and noticed, so we packed up our school work (this isn't my first hospital visit people...I knew this could take all day) and headed to the ER to see what they could do for our poor girl's ear. We were quickly put in a room, where I then made the kids get as much school work done as we could manage. They eventually got the earring pulled out without having to make any cuts (plenty of screaming in pain from L though) thank goodness. We are now waiting for it to heal and hoping we can still get an earring in when it does.

While we were there I mentioned that Lor had a rock in her other ear we were working to make an appointment with an ENT doctor to have removed. That doctor quickly made an appointment with the ENT at the children's hospital (we were at the children's hospital ER...) for that afternoon, so we also had the rock removed in her other ear later that day...if it was a rock. It could also have been a pencil eraser...and we have no idea how or when it got there, they found it in her ear at her well-check.

Then the kids both ended up with a stomach bug...it was a stellar week. ;)


My Birthday
Mickey Mouse Pancakes, Gifts and Cards, Friend Starbucks Delivery and Visit, Home Schooling, Brad Lunch Delivery, Trip To The Lake, and Red Lobster Supper...pretty good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment