Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Christmas Highlights Week 1 (ish)

Its Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!
Decorating (Technically November!) We decorated before Thanksgiving this year. As always, its a special event unwrapping and hanging all the ornaments and I love that the kids really seem to enjoy it as much as I do!

Traditional December 1st Christmas PJs and getting out the Christmas books.


















Count Down Fun
Each morning the kids are so excited to go and read their paper to see what the day will bring. It is a variety of activities usually a craft, special activity or act of kindness.















Rainforest Cafe/Grapevine Mall
We were able to celebrate Sydney's birthday together again this year. I think this is their last year for a birthday visit for a while, so we are grateful for the years we have gotten to enjoy this visit. The kids loved Rainforest Cafe and enjoyed "exploring the rainforest" before the restaurant got too busy. They also loved the cookie cake treat after their lunch! Then we headed to the bungee trampolines where all three kids jumped before a bit more visiting for the day. Loved our Rogers family time! Amanda and I are so thankful our kids enjoy each other and these visits!




Snow Science Experiment
I was so excited when I was looking at the science experiment aisle and found this little box on clearance...well there is probably a reason! It is one of the messiest projects I have ever undertaken...and most of you know I try to embrace messy for my kid's sake! The good news is, they did have a ton of fun doing it, even if the snowmen didn't really turn out and it took way too long to clean up. :) Lorelei kept saying, "I looks just like snow!!!" as she was stirring it.




Gingerbread
Yep. I think the frantic-ness of not having our December activities as planned as I usually do is to blame for this last minute decision. "Mom, can't we do a gingerbread Starbucks!?!" It was fun to watch their creativity emerge with this one. And another one of those moments where I got to just sit back and watch them go...something I'm still getting used to now that they are "so old".




Special After School Treat
We stopped off at Starbucks (in Kroger) for cake pop snowmen...which they were out of, but both kids handled it well and had no problem choosing another sweet treat to their liking. :)

1 comment:

  1. Such a sweet picture of the kids in their Christmas PJs! Christmas is my favorite time of the year. Loved the snow science experiment and the gingerbread house.

    ReplyDelete