Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Lego Americana, 1/2 Birthdays, Spring Break and Amanda's House

I was thrilled when I found out Lego Americana was at the local mall. We went on a Wednesday afternoon after schoolwork with some GCA friends and the kids loved it.





After seeing all the amazing creations they had their own chance to create.
They built cars and raced them. Makin could build all day,
so Lorelei eventually read a book so he could keep building.

We celebrated 8 1/2 and 6 1/2 by eating out at Red Robin. We also enjoyed some cupcakes I pulled out of the freezer from L's bday party. :)












Spring Break was very low-key but a great chance to recharge our batteries. We spent some extra time on a few around-the-house things I had on my list, and then had some fun with local activities.

Arbor Hills is always a great time outdoors. The kids were bummed it was too muddy for the trails and streams this time.



We enjoyed the low numbers at soccer practice one evening. Coach Andy working with only two kids! Lorelei enjoyed smaller numbers for tumbling that week too.











We met friends at a park for a bit one morning.


















I'm not above rewarding them with Starbucks for good behavior when grocery shopping at three stores with me.


We spent time at the lake with friends another afternoon.













Then I headed out for a long weekend at Amanda's house while Brad got some Dad/Kid time. I was so thankful for a chance to pitch in and be there for Amanda during the less-than-fun task of going through her dad's house. We worked hard and enjoyed winding down each night and getting to chat. When I arrived home I walked into the house hearing the kids laughing with Brad. They loved their daddy time over the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys are keeping busy and having tons of fun. Amanda is lucky to have such a great lifelong friend in you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Legos thing looks so cool! Lots of fun activities with friends. Thanks again for coming to help me & just be with me. I appreciate it so much more than you can know.

    ReplyDelete