Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Makin at 6 1/2


At 6 1/2 You...

Love to run, and love that you love to run. For this reason soccer is a great fit. You really love all sports and wish you could play everything.

Are a huge fan of Lego Nexo Knights. You have now gotten two seasons of DVDs for movie nights and road trips, a couple of Lego sets and at least one book. You still find more books at the library. There are questions at the back of the books and you like me to quiz you about the characters etc.

Are very into building with Legos. It is one of your favorite things to do in your spare time right now.

Like to help me in the kitchen if you have some down-time while I'm cooking/baking.

Love working those arm muscles at the park!
Are tenacious. I put this on your valentine heart as stick-to-itness and it was one of your favorites.

Love watching football with your dad. You watched Husker games (when they weren't at bedtime!) and the Superbowl. You have learned a lot and I love hearing you use the all the correct football lingo/terminology. If you had to go to bed while a game was still going, we were always instructed to wake you up to let you know who won.

Keep us on our toes with great questions. One recent example would be, "What part of speech is the word 'Please'?"








Quotable Moments:

(He was unhappy his sister got to watch Blue Tube Men with her dad on his phone while he was at soccer practice and I explained it was because she didn't get to go to practice so she did something a little special.) "It's not like I was at video game practice or something."


(To his sister.) "When it comes to playing, you are a spoiled rat."


(I almost dropped my phone in the toilet.) "That wouldn't have been cheap!"


Me: You're going to be quiet like little angels ok?
Makin: Angels usually sing.


(Praying at Christmas...) "Thank you for having the courage to come to the world to die on the cross."


"Clean the bathroom first. Cuz the stressfullest thing will be over-with first."


(Asking me to help do something on his robot.) "I know, I'm asking the non-engineer of the family."


"Our car is like Drover (from Hank the Cowdog). It breaks down at the worst possible times."


(Discussing how we won't watch T.V.  at the hotel etc until after his surgery...)
Me: Sorry.
Makin: (sing-songy voice) Its okay, (patting my head) you're just trying to be a good mommy!


"Well, I don't really consider a Cheeto a chip. I consider it a carrot."

1 comment:

  1. Happy half-birthday to a smart little guy! I especially love reading his quotes.

    ReplyDelete