Thursday, March 2, 2017

Lorelei at 8 1/2


At 8 1/2 You...

Want to be socializing every minute of every day. You are very thankful we have a neighbor who drops by often so you have another person to play with. You are loving my extra planning to get you more time with friends.

Still ask daily, if not multiple times daily, for a dog.

Spent some of your Christmas money on makeup. You can't wear it out of the house, but love that you get to try it out for fun, like face paint.

Enjoy reading chapter books to yourself. My heart feels so full when I see you reading. So proud you have worked hard to get to this point even though it didn't come easily to you. Right now you especially like reading the Little House On The Prairie books (young reader versions), Dog Diaries (based on real dogs, next up will likely be Horse Diaries) and you have also started into the the Fancy Nancy mysteries.

Love listening to the Animal Ark series. This is a series you found at school and have loved having me read them to you. You do still listen to Magic Tree House on CD for quiet time sometimes, but you have heard all of the once the library has multiple times. You also listen to Hank the Cowdog on CD.

Enjoy tumbling, but we definitely need to have me work with you on that kartwheel!



Popular Lorelei chalk art. Hills with varying sky scenes.

Now request we rub your feet with lotion followed by calming oil every night before bed.

Have grown a bit over 1 1/2 inches in the last 6 months.

Admit you like to argue, but aren't sure why.


Quotable Moments:

Me: I never even got to wear face paint when I was a kid.
Lor: That's because face paint wasn't invented yet!


Lor: Why were they honking?
Me: I don't know, they weren't honking at me.
Lor: I gave them a dirty look, just in case.


Lor: I'm going to have 200 kids.
Me: That would be expensive.
Lor: They would all just have to buy their own food.
Me: Even the little baby?
Lor: I'll give the baby one Cheerio. Per day.


(Trying on a dress I picked out that had two front pockets and buttons on the shoulders, looking at me skeptically...)
"I look like I'm going on a safari."


1 comment:

  1. That pic of Lorelei reading on the couch is my favorite! Your sweet girl is looking so grown up these days.

    ReplyDelete