Friday, June 5, 2009

Spaghetti Mess


Well first of all for those of you reading this, I know you are quite shocked. I kept saying I do not have time for a blog....and I really don't because right now I should be cleaning up dishes, starting laundry...you know the drill. But just as I thought I would never understand football, join facebook or move to the East coast instead of the West, I am now BLOGGING!

I must also apologize in advance, because I already discovered that the spell check does not check the title of these posts, so just realize they will probably be misspelled about half the time. :)

So the reason for this transformation into bloghood is that I was taking pictures of my daughter and realized that the caption would have to be huge to tell this story. I also have a friend who started a blog and my sister who apparently has had one and I finally realized it TODAY. It was on my mind so here we go.

I realize as I'm typing this that it really can't sound as frustrating as it was in person...the short version is that apparently I need to not let Lorelei eat two graham crackers in the store just to keep her from screaming. :) Although it was two hrs later, she did not seem to want to eat her lunch AT ALL.

It was spaghetti (the kind in the baby food jar of course) which she usually LOVES to eat. I also realize now that I should not pat myself on the back for having such an unpicky daughter after reading "what to expect the first year" and hearing all of the moms groaning about how their babies wont eat any food they give them. Anyway, she was refusing to eat this, spitting it out, wiping it all over her face, you get the idea. So I had just read some papers from the pediatrician saying that "at this age your child may want to grab the spoon and feed herself. Allowing a child to use a spoon is also appropriate at this age. children at this age should be allowed to feed themselves..." Well first of all Lorelei has been grabbing for the spoon since the first bit of cereal at 4 months, so this independent streak is nothing new to us, however I decided to give it a try...after all the pediatricians say... well the spaghetti was then used as finger paint to smear all over the tray, arms, legs, face, you name it. Oh and lets not forget throwing the spoon on my semi-recently mopped kitchen floor three times! Then she proceeded to scream with unhappiness at the mess and refused to let me feed her.

On the bright side, she later sat on my lap happily watching Sesame Street songs on the computer until her nap time. Somehow no matter how frustrating she can be, she just reminds you how much you lover her anyway.

Oh and now I know how to spell spaghetti...think I'll remember tomorrow?

No comments:

Post a Comment