Friday, June 5, 2009

To explain the title of this blog...

My Many Colored Days is a wonderful children's book by Dr. Seuss. I love reading it to Lorelei and it describes our life beautifully because each day is so different but still wonderful at the same time. Here are the words to the book: (which i hoped would be available to copy and paste but NO now I get to type them out. ;))

Some days are yellow. Some are blue. On different days I'm different too.
You'd be surprised how many ways I change on different colored days.
On bright red days how good it feels to be a horse and kick my heels!
On other days I'm other things. On bright blue days I flap my wings.
Some days, of course, feel sort of brown. Then I feel slow and low, low down.
Then comes a yellow day. And wheeeeee I am a busy, buzzy bee.
Gray day...everything is gray. I watch. But nothing moves today.
Then all of a sudden I'm a circus seal! On my orange days that's how I feel.
Green days. Deep deep in the sea. Cool and quiet fish. That's me.
On purple days I'm sad. I groan. I drag my tail. I walk alone.
But when my days are happy pink its great to jump and just not think.
Then come my black days. Mad. And loud. I howl. I growl at every cloud.
Then comes a mixed-up day. And WHAM! I don't know who or what I am!
But it all turns out all right, you see. And I go back to being...me.

The illustrations are beautiful too, if you are interested. :) Most of our days seem to be "mixed-up days" right now...but we enjoy them anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment