Friday, June 18, 2010

Finger Painting - Take Two :)

Oh yes, we dared to try finger painting this morning! We were near Michaels and I had been putting off trying this even though I was pretty sure she would love it, so I went ahead and got some nontoxic/washable (two very key words here) finger-paints.

This kept her occupied for 45 minutes!!! A mother's dream come true! However, since she wanted to keep on painting, I then felt the need to multitask since it was time to get the meat in the crockpot for supper...so then of course seemed to be when she had the most trouble, so I was concerned about getting the meat on her papers, and paint in our food, but it all worked out eventually. :) Not without an eating incident of course...although I had told her not to put it in her mouth, by that point 30 minutes had passed and she probably forgot and all of a sudden I heard, "uuuummm" (yum) and turned to see purple paint all over her chin...thank goodness it was nontoxic!

Ever since we found out we were having a girl I was excited to be able to do kid craft projects with her...so I'm so excited that she loves doing this stuff so much. Can't wait till she is a little older and we have so many more we can do! But for now I will probably just hear "pain (paint), pain!" :)



No comments:

Post a Comment