Tuesday, June 22, 2010

First Real Movie!

The local movie theater offers FREE kids movies on Tues, Wed and Thursdays each week. Each week they have two different movies. This was the first week it started and I was sooo excited that they were showing the Curious George movie! Lorelei is a big fan so I knew this was the perfect show to try out taking her to for her first real movie!

I have tried to learn my lesson and not tell Lorelei anything first thing when she wakes up or she will be expecting it to happen right that minute...so I didn't say anything right away, but then when I needed her to get dressed I finally did tell her she needed to get dressed for a surprise...that got her...surprise is a big thing these days and she was so happy to hear and anticipate whatever it was. :) She kept saying "pri" which I actually caught on video! Yay! She was also thrilled that I popped popcorn and put it in baggies...so not a typical morning snack!




Here we have Lorelei getting her first glimpse at the big screen! When I told her the surprise she was very excited. We did have to wait in line a bit but got perfect seats with no one in front and a bar she could climb on in case she got antsy. :) She liked the idea of her own seat but when it kept folding up on her she decided to sit on my lap instead...which I was so happy about because I rarely get much cuddle time with this girl! :) She polished off her entire baggie of popcorn throughout the movie and sat very very well. She finally got off my lap for about the last 10-15 minutes and walked around a bit and climbed on the bar. What a relaxing morning! I loved the movie just as much as she did. :) I would highly recommend renting it! :)

It was so fun to share this with her...hopefully sometime Brad can take her since he loves going to the movies. I'm sure this will be a fun daddy/daughter thing to do when she is a bit older.

No comments:

Post a Comment