Sunday, November 20, 2011

Community Support

Through a new friend Berkley, who is part of MOPS but I knew already through another Jenn from Concordia, I found out about a very special and brave little boy. She shared with me a couple of months ago that a little boy on her son's football team, Grayson, had just been diagnosed with leukemia. Five years old. A family friend (I think) does a blog www.whenskiesaregray.com if you would like to read more about their story and what they are going through. Grab a box of Kleenex though. It has given me many reminders to just love, hug my kids and be thankful that they are healthy.

This Sunday we went to a community fundraiser or Grayson's family. Many friends helped have a little shop set up and there were door prizes, face painting, balloon animal making and best of all, cupcakes! Boy were they good too!

We just ask that you keep Grayson and his family in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment