Monday, November 14, 2011

Sister Weekend

One of the great things about our move to Texas is living closer to all our family, and Heather is extra lucky since she is the closest! :) It was great to get to spend some sister time together, espcially since I have hardly gotten to visit with her since all of her medical craziness over the last few months... but its looking like she is finally getting better and sure hope it keeps it up and she continues to heal more quickly :)

We had originally planned a girls weekend with Amanda too, but decided to do that one in the spring instead...and so excited for that weekend away to look forward to!

It was a much-needed break to recharge my mommy batteries. We drank margaritas, ate OUT (realized how restaurant deprived I have been lately) shopped and watched Gilmore Girls. I even got to paint my toe nails and carry a purse without snacks! (Its the little things these days!) :)

Brad seemed to survive his weekend with the kids pretty well, but got an even bigger job when Lorelei woke up sick Sunday morning. He is such a trooper and seemed so glad to get some time with them to himself all weekend, although he was quite worn out! :) Lorelei is feeling better today.

So thankful for my sister to be my company for a weekend off, and Brad to let me have one! :)

1 comment:

  1. So happy that you had a wonderful and well-deserved weekend with Heather!

    ReplyDelete