Saturday, November 17, 2012

Paper Kite, Name Practice and Diagnosis

This is a paper kite Lorelei made at school. A week or two ago, she took it to the backyard to play as it was very windy. Little did we know how windy it was...I suddenly heard her screaming and upset that she lost her kite...went out to the yard and looked everywhere. It was no where in site. Because, it was on the ROOF. Yep. Thankfully we were able to reach it with our huge ladder and broom and the kite is safe and sound back in the house. :)
Lorelei still loves school. I had a "wow" moment a while back. Most of you know I have been frustrated with her complete lack of any interest in learning her letters. I mean, I have a teaching degree!!! My four year old should know her letters! :) She just doesn't care! :) And I have tried to accept this... BUT. At school they practice their names (it seems like one of those papers they pass out for them to practice if there is any down time, as they come home randomly with a name practice paper) and it is apparently making a pretty big impact. We were making something to send to the grandparents, and as I was spelling her name for her to write, she wrote it better than she has ever written it before! I was elated! I then came out to her drawing on the floor and discovered she can write her name all on her own. :) Very happy she is taking her letter/name learning more to heart from her teachers. :)

And one more little artist tidbit along with her usual "Doc McStuffinsness." I enjoyed this latest diagnosis. :)

She likes to ask what is wrong with me and told me I had "tummy ache osis." :) And here is a drawing of "tummy ache osis." :) She also pointed out I was frowning since I didn't feel well.

1 comment: