Thursday, January 17, 2013

Our Two Biggest Joys

Well, I have been jotting down notes for months so some of these are old, but still want to remember them. :)  
We are so thankful for these two blessings. Our highs of the day seem to always revolve around these two, no matter how rough our day may be.

Miss Lorelei:
(In this pic she is proudly holding colored pencils with her feet, like Curious George of course.)

Still loves school. A while back when she got home she reported, "I didn't even miss you once!" :)

Calls Makin "Oinks to Oinks" when he is her pet pig. Cutest pig name ever.

"If both parents are sick that would be bad. I would have to drive the car - AND I DON'T KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!!!"

Lor: (Procrastinating bedtime) I need another hug and kiss.
Me: I already gave you some.
Lor: They wore off.

We were practicing the word ketchup (she usually says it something sounding like check up) and she said, "KETCHUP. That means it runs really fast."

We were making snowmen ornaments from their hand print and I said that we needed hats for the snowmen. She agreed and said, "I know. We need gentlemen hats." (from Curious George I think) and then later she said it again and said, "Gentle Mints. With mints on them."

"I love him to the top of his ears!" (About her new giant teddy bear.)


"Maybe they'll put it on Pinterest!"


Lor: Mine is better than yours.
Me: Is that talking nice?
Lor: (In a sweet sing-songy voice.) Mine is better than yours.

I should also mention her major fear of the dark has been a work in progress. Both kids got Dream Lights from Aunt Heather for Christmas, and my goal was to get her off of having a lamp on all night to just using it. We still have some struggle right at bedtime, but so far she is doing all right. It helped that both kids slept with them on in the same room for two weeks at my parents to break her in...and that way she had Makin's company to help her through it. Hoping it will help her sleep sounder not having a bright room all night.

Another note about our girl is that she has gotten more affectionate (for example rubs your back and gives more hugs and seems to want to cuddle more) and says "I love you" often.


Mr. Makin
(Had to include this picture of him with racing his cars as it is one of my notes jotted down as well. He matches the blue car with the blue race track, but insists on putting the green car, aka his favorite because, well, its green of course, on the top, even though that is the purple track, so that it will win.)

Hoosie Mammas = Footsie Pajamas

He was pointing to the letters on my HUSKERS shirt and I asked what it said. He said, "MOMMY" as he pointed across the word. :)

I told him to count while I did something to time me. He started counting, "One Pi Pi Pi Pee." (One Mississippi. And yes, for you fellow FRIENDS fans Ross would be proud. :) )

He often is exasperated when things take, "Yong, Yong, Yong, Pime!" (Long long long time)

We finally have a child who is attached to ONE stuffed animal. Well, it might be two now. He has one little puppy that he MUST have to sleep with. When we were in Oklahoma he was given a puppy that looks like that puppy's twin, so he is pretty attached to both now...he is also very particular about having all of his blankets that he likes, and the amount of blankets seems to be growing so a bit worried how we will get rid of a few when it warms up!

 He often shouts, "Guys! Guys!" before showing us something.

If presented with a question/problem he excitedly exclaims, "I mo!!!" (I know!) and raises his hand with pointer finger up. And then if we need to find something he will follow with his version of the word "binoculars" and holds his hands up around his eyes to make his own binoculars to hunt for said object.

If we ask him to take something and he has his hands full he has no hesitation telling us, "Two Hands!"

Me: Ready to go get your sister?
Makin: Mope. Clean up books.

He often barters for time. "Mo. One minute." or "Mo, Five minutes." is heard quite often.

If we call him any nickname (Big guy, Buddy, Goof Ball) we are quickly corrected, "Mo. Me Makin!"

He has some OCD tendencies shining through. For example if you leave a cabinet door open you get an, "uh oh" and he also makes sure the lid to the syrup is closed if you leave it open. The biggest one so far is that all of his Frosted Mini Wheats have to be in the bowl, frosting-side up and they can only be the amount that will fit perfectly at the bottom of the bowl, even though he eats more than that, so then you have refill his bowl later.

He protests being done with books by saying, "Just One More, Thats IT."

I had such a precious moment with him when putting him to sleep the other night. He had his two little pudgy two-year-old hands wrapped around my neck for a little bit while laying in bed a few minutes with him and then when I left I told him to sleep tight and he said, "Sleep tight too, Mommy."

He is pretty much talking nonstop, repeats anything and everything we say as best he can, and I cannot begin to explain the cuteness factor. I'm going to try and compile some videos to capture some of it.

Makin videos to come here!!!





And both kids are eating me out of house and home and growing like weeds!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. They are both seriously beyond adorable. Lor is so funny and spunky and Makin is just the sweetest little guy. I giggled at the "hoosie mammas" -- love that one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids are so great! I love the bear, BTW.

    ReplyDelete