Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bits and Pieces From L and M

Lorelei

I was telling Lorelei I did not like them watching the TV show Word Girl. She rationalized, "Its not bad mom. She saves the day."

My car conversation one afternoon...
Me: Lorelei, when you turn 5 you get to choose an activity you would like to do. We may have to sign you up this summer. Do you know what you want to do?
Lor: I want to be an explorer.
Me: Well, we were thinking something like gymnastics, dance, soccer, tball...
Makin: tball!!!
Me: when you turn 5...Lor so do you know what you would like?
Lor: I want to build things:
Same response from Makin and I following...
Lor: I want to plant trees.
Again same response.
Lor: I want to be a bird watcher.

...Ok so I'm thinking girls scouts?


Nana: You are getting so grown up!
Lor: DON'T tell my mom that. She gets soooo sad.


"Every bright color is my favorite."

Makin: Look my picture Li.
Lor: Woah! That makes a big impression!



Lor: You forgot my table fot."
Me: Spot (been working on those sp words!)
Repeated this a few times and then she just said...
"You forgot my table part."


Makin: Are those bowls or those plates?
Lor: Bowly kinda plates.

Me: Breath in...
Lor: And not out!



This girl is obsessed with chips and salsa. Eats every bit of the salsa too. She asks for this snack before 10 AM some days. :)


She is a problem solver...one example... :)
Lor: (Frustrated I have not played with her every minute of the day.) Maybe we could have a robot so you could play. It could do all your jobs for you. It could do the dishes and set the table.
Me: Would it cook the food?
Lor: Yeah. And it would have a cake button so when we push it, it would make us cake.


Makin

Makin is very into airplanes and loves to fly them around with noises. He also loves having a "troller" (controller) to fly a pretend plane. Any squarish object is game to be used as a controller.

He has a GREAT imagination. Just one example was he actually had me play a pretend baseball game with him and would talk about where the ball was, swing to hit the invisible ball, talk about where it went, etc.

He also turns frames into ipads and books into computers. :)


(Makin jumping on the bed.)
Me: What are beds for?
Makin: JUMPING!!!

Makin to Lor: "Your not the boss."

"When I grow up I'm going to be a cow and say moo."


During his prayers one night he was naming all the things he was thankful for, stuffed animals, stars etc, then followed with "The End."

He eats painstakingly slow. As in, snails could eat laps around him. :)

Piano = "pinano"
Remote = "mamote"

He is our bug smashing hero. Anytime Lorelei squeals about a bug he makes sure to run to her rescue and promptly smash it "into little tiny pieces" no less.






Just had to include this picture with the latest story. We were playing Candyland and Lorelei managed to pick this Gummy card on her first draw. We have two piles when we play, don't need to go into why, but anyway, Makin smoothly picked up her Gummy card and set it on top of his pile and said, "Put this on my pile." With a big smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment