Monday, July 8, 2013

Our July Fourth



Doesn't every parent drag their kids out to the pasture dodging cow patties every step first thing in the morning on July 4th for pictures? What? No? Yes, noted, next year I will make sure and have our photo shoot a few days before...but at least we got some good ones for our effort! :)




Our Morning
(eh hem, after said photo shoot of course)
Tattoos, Games (yes next year they will be more color coordinated too) and a flag craft. I was really happy with how well the flags came out. They did an awesome job. Also, gotta love their facial expressions when they had fun playing the games.


Our Afternoon/Evening
Made a star out of Lorelei's hair, baked flag cookies, ate flag cookies, attempted pinterest straw/food die drops into fire works project...maybe next time?, yummy grilled supper, all followed with epic fail of fire works show. I decided against taking the kids into town by myself to see the fire works in person. This is the first time we have ever missed them since at least Lorelei was born! However, I did remember how much crying was involved on the drive back last year and didn't want to deal with the melt downs on my own. So we opted for TV fire works...but they didn't start until about an hour and a half after I thought they did...so we watched lots of concerts and took goofy pictures and got ready for bed while waiting. Then they didn't even make it through the entire fire works show before the melt downs started. :(  
Next year we will make up for it I'm sure. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment