Tuesday, September 1, 2015

First Day Of Preschool

This mom was not particularly attached the idea of her little boy going to preschool. After all, he is a well adjusted, personable, quick-learning kid who knows his abc's. It didn't feel like it was worth the time and effort.

Makin, on the other hand, was adamant that he wanted to go to preschool. We don't leave the big decisions up to a four year old, but because he was so sure, we felt we needed to respect his desire to go. I knew would be nice for him to make his own friends, and preschool is a very fun and rewarding experience. I do not mean to down-play preschool by any means, I just felt he would be fine going to Kindergarten without it.

So, preschool it was. :) When we went to sign him up, he almost didn't get in as there was a waiting list. This helped me to see how excited he was, and then worry he wouldn't get to go. Good little glitch to give me some perspective!

Because of the late sign-up, he is in the afternoon class from 11:50-2:30. If you had asked me two years ago if I would have a child in the afternoon class I would have said no way. But I have already come to see the advantages. I really enjoy still having the mornings for our mother/son time together. :)

Now, finally, to Makin's first day! :) He was nervous all morning, but excited too. He just didn't know what to expect. He did bring his little felt heart I made last year to keep in his pocket, but there were no tears and he had no trouble with the drop off. When he got in the car, he just casually reported, "I like preschool." Like, its pretty good, I think I will go back, but no big deal, I'm cool. :) The other reports were, "You know the kid who's allergic to peanuts? He smashed my train with a dinosaur and said it was a train-eating dinosaur. I just told him to stop and then it was time for my craft." :) He also reported that he played by himself at recess and didn't really make any friends, but had fun. The next day he finally remembered to tell me he got to be the fish feeder this week! :) His teacher has commented how well he is doing, so that is great to hear. Hoping he makes friends soon and continues to enjoy his T/Th afternoons. :)


Celebrating With Braums - he got a shake. It was Kyle's first day of Preschool Too!

2 comments:

  1. Such a little man. Glad he had a good time & is really enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a handsome big kid. I especially love the second picture. Glad preschool's been fun!

    ReplyDelete