Sunday, September 20, 2015

Makin At 5

Makin, you are our sweet, affectionate, energetic little boy. You are friendly and very considerate of how others are feeling. You are a fast learner.

You are still quick to give hugs and cuddles.

You have gotten more argumentative.  I'm not really enjoying that so much. :) You are very confident in your opinions. "I'm 100% or 1000% sure" is a common phrase.

You are also now mostly done with naps, making you grumpier, also not something I enjoy so much.

For many months you woke up "meowing" and acting like a kitty instead of a child for the first 5 minutes or so of the morning.

You love to listen to music in the car and will often request for me to "blare it."

You are great at leading prayer for special things, like someone having surgery etc. I love watching you take that chance to practice being a spiritual leader. :)

You are a natural at pretty much everything you attempt.

You still love playing all "things that go" (including but not limited to remote cars, Hot Wheels track, planes...), magnets, sport-type games and Legos.


Quotable Moments:

"Do you know the day that it rained...fill in the blank...grapes, stingrays, coffee, dinosaurs?" (followed by laughter like its the most hilarious thing in the world)

"I need another X-mo (Eskimo) Kiss."

"Forever and Ever Praymen?"

"Crunches." (Crutches)

"I love you more than presents."

I asked if he could hold the honey and the sun-butter (pouring) while I grabbed the spatula...his answer was, "I can't multitask."

"We're not laughing at you, we're laughing at your funniness!"

(In a nicely sing-song chastising tone...) "Remember what the Bible says...you have to play with someone, even if you don't want to."

"This is the good thing about ducks, they are kinda like sea planes because they fly in and land on the water."

"You can tell how old a carrot is. It has rings like a tree."

M: Lor, watch.
Lor: Wow.
M: No, incredible.

Me: Is that going to drive you nuts?
Makin: No, is it going to drive you nuts?

Nana: I wonder what your person will be wearing?
M: The people I draw are usually naked.

M: (getting on the scale) What do I weigh, Nana?
Me: Forty Two.
M: Must be that banana.


M: Speaking of gondolas...what is a gondola?
Nana: You should look it up on your phone.
Me: We don't have phones at supper.
M: Only for special questions.

(After climbing a rock wall.) "That was terrifying."

L: Makin, there you go, I turned the light on for you.
M: Thanks.
L: Will you grab my golf club for me?
M: No.
L: Ugh, Makin, why not?
M: You have two legs.

(Helping with laundry) "We need a button that says 'explode the clothes' and then there's little springers that explode the clothes out in the basket."

"I love you to the stars and back. Did you know the stars are further than the moon?"

Makin's Five Year Interview
Favorites -
Food: Mac N Cheese and Pizza
Place: The Park
Movie/TV Show: Wild Kratts (And Star Wars...he insists I put that, but he has only seen some of it at the Volkers last summer!) 
Color: Green
Thing To Do: This is a tough one... I used to play darts with Evan, I like to do everything thats boyie.
Animal: Cat
Books: Mike Mulligan
Song: Away In A Manger
Treat: A Donut
Holiday: Christmas

What do you like to do with Daddy? Go get pizza with him

What do you like to do with Mommy? Cuddle

What do you like to do with Lorelei? Play Kitties and Puppies

What makes you happy? This is a tough one...Playing

What do you think about before you fall asleep? I think of how a great day we had.

What do you want to be when you grow up? Construction Builder or a Paleontologist


Planning to add a video later...

2 comments:

  1. He is so awesome! The paleontologist thing & the photo with the dinosaur reminded me of AJ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet, smart and funny kiddo!

    ReplyDelete