Monday, November 30, 2015

Thanksgiving

We enjoyed a wonderful Thanksgiving break from school. It is so nice having us home and not stressing over school work! We pretty much just hung out at home hanging out and getting various jobs done, which always makes me feel better.

Thanksgiving Day was very low-key. We watched Macy's parade on TV, cooked lunch (switched to soft foods rather than puree...so was an exciting day!), headed to the park, then played some games.

Our Soft Foods Thanksgiving Meal...never been so happy to eat carrots!!!

Showing Brad the musical instruments at the acorn park.



The kids easily filled up their thankful tree again this year. Instead of spreading out over several weeks, they do them all in one night. They both wrote theirs this year, so that was another change that was fun to see.
Lorelei's Thankful List: plants, my big bear, my teacher, crayons, pools, school, dogs, God, the world, grass, books, friends, clothes, food
Makin's Thankful List: dishes, movies, the world, trees, cats, toys, house, food
They both also included the four of our family, plus our extended family. :)







Thanksgiving break...the extended version... ;)

Brad and I like to watch all the Friends Thanksgiving episodes if we can right before/on Thanksgiving. This was Thanksgiving Eve...we got our Christmas cards ready to mail while watching Friends.
We had to finish the last half of the episodes Thanksgiving night.

I love getting to decorate for Christmas the day after thanksgiving.
I really love how excited the kids get to see all the ornaments we have collected!

My birthday was technically our first home school day after the break...but I'm posting here anyway. Makin was super sweet and told me to go out to eat on my birthday. Mary and I had a girls night at Blue Goose while Brad stayed home for another night of soft foods with the kiddos. It was a nice way to celebrate. :) Of course the coffee and ice cream was my afternoon snack. ;) We did go out for a belated celebration as a family to Red Lobster!


No comments:

Post a Comment