Sunday, July 4, 2010

22 Months

I've been trying to jot down a few notes about Lorelei's personality at 22 months. I'm sure I will think of more after getting this all down, but at least we will get a few tidbits!

Talking - we are hearing more new words from her every day! I love how much she is learning and it usually makes for some fun memories and a few laughs along the way. Its just amazing the words she is saying now. Most of the time she leaves off the end of the word but she attempts to say most things she knows...except "thank you" of course. :) A few new ones I heard the other day were "mir" (mirror), "fa" (farm), and the big shocker that the grandparents will just love is "whee" (wheat)...this was much to my surprise just identifying it in one of her picture books, without me even asking what it was.

Terrible Twos - well these seem to be in full swing...I've been told that Brad's grandma used to say that they should be called "terrific twos" because they are learning so much, which is definitely true, and on the list of things Lorelei is learning is how far a fit will get you...she has no hesitation to lay down on the floor and kick and scream in an attempt to get her way. The other day we went to the zoo and she screamed the entire way there because I took off her shoe (thinking that is what she wanted but apparently not) and then she screamed the entire drive home from the zoo because she didn't want her pb&j sandwich and I wouldn't give her another snack. I'm not sure having a mother as stubborn as she is will pay off...but at least I can only blame myself. :) So far I have not had her laying on the floor of the grocery store, but I'm sure its only a matter of time. :)

Loves - a couple of Lorelei's Loves would be tickling and dancing. She has the most contagious laugh when she is being tickled and she just loves it. When you stop she grabs your hand as says "tick" wanting you to keep tickling her. She also loves dancing. Right now it is usually more like galloping, although sometimes she does get those hips moving as well.

Jumping - A noticeable physical milestone, she can jump and get both feet off the ground!

Pillow - she has requested a pillow in her crib for a few weeks now. The one pillow that was in her room seemed a bit large so I found a smaller one thinking that might be more comfortable for her. Now she sleeps with both instead. ;) Her stuffed animals in her crib continue to grow in numbers as well...there are probably about eight in there tonight!

"More" - we have always had a healthy eater and although she has gone through a more picky phase lately she seems to be getting back up to her usual eating habits. One of the things we find hilarious is when she loves a food she wants more right away, even if she has something in both hands and in her mouth. I always say "you need to finish what you have first." Then she proceeds to stuff whatever the food is into her mouth and with chipmunk-filled cheeks attempt to say "more!"

We cannot believe how grown up she seems each day and are trying to just appreciate every minute of her "terrific twos" stage. :) We love you little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment