Monday, July 19, 2010

Library Books

One of my favorite things to do with with kids is read books...and as I have mentioned much to my dismay Lorelei has not let us read at nap or bedtime for quite some time now. She will tolerate a few books throughout the day and I try to at least sneak one or two in right after nap while she is still waking up...but its usually pushing it. I noticed she definitely enjoyed NEW books when we got them but when she had heard them a few times she wanted to move on. So finally I decided to brave the idea of library books. In the winter we went for story time, but I never checked out books. Lorelei has a tendency to look at books, see the inside cover which has no pictures and say "color" because she thinks every blank piece of paper needs to be colored on. This is why I have held off on the books until now. I was just sure we would end up with her artwork on every library book we checked out. She finally seems to be at the point where she realizes that these kind of books are not supposed to be colored in...but we keep them in her room as far away from crayons as possible, just in case. :) Sure enough its a HUGE hit! Not only did a trip to the library give us some playtime in the AC for a morning, but she is now very happy to listen to the books we have! When I finish one she even asks for more! This means we can even get away with a book or two before bed. Sooo happy and going to have to make sure and have a good list to pick up for our next visit. :)

1 comment:

  1. How fun that she's enjoying library books now! We'll have to make a library trip soon.

    ReplyDelete