Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th Of July

Party Prep - we spent the day getting ready for visitors to come in the evening. Lorelei was SO well behaved all day we couldn't believe it. Plus she let us sleep in until 7:15 and then took a 2 hour nap that afternoon! She is big on helping lately so we hear a lot of "heh, heh" when we are in the kitchen. She was a huge help with mixing the lemonade, and she had to taste test it of course. :) Brad was also a huge help and made the watermelon bowl! He did such a great job. Then the other picture is Lorelei keeping herself occupied on the ipad. :)





Posing for pictures SO good for me. Then my camera battery acted up and the posing mood was over by the time Brad fixed it. Oh well. :)











She was yet again happy to play in the dirt/mulch so we got to relax a bit while she enjoyed that. I was a bit worried that the plant was poisen ivy but she did not break out thankfully!









My latest favorite Lorelei picture. :)


Somehow I managed not to take a single picture while our friends were here to celebrate with us! It was our usual Check and Bonfiglio families and we all just visited while the kids played.


It was just the three of us who ended up walking out to the fireworks. Lorelei enjoyed her chair for a while but then decided to kill some time with the dirt and rocks on the ground. The other shot is our view of the pond/park/Town Center while waiting for the last bit of sun to go down.

Lorelei's reaction to the fireworks...there were so many I had to jot it down as soon as we got home! :) I was not sure how she would do since louder noises are more frightening to her now that she is older, but I was pretty sure she would be okay. For the first 30 sec-1 min she was clinging on to my arm for dear life (on my lap) and shaking. As soon as she got used to it she relaxed and enjoyed the show. She waved "hi" to the fireworks, gave them a kiss, opened her hand to "catch" them and take them home with us. I also heard a "wow" in there somewhere. When they ended, she clapped along with the crowd and then said "gain!" Of course we had to explain we can only do that once a year! As we were walking away she kept saying "Fi! Fi!" (fireworks) and then saying "bye" and waving. :) I would say it goes down as a hit! :)

1 comment:

  1. I SPY A STATE FARM SIPPY CUP!!! Love the pictures.

    Just logged on real quick to say that and to tell you I made the most phenomenal home-made frappe today . . . (you know like the ones at McDonalds?) . . . which I just spilled ALL OVER my desk. Bright side? Totally missed my shirt (which is white) my shoes (which are new and would possibly have sustained permanent stains) and any important documents. So . . . all in all, I'm looking forward to the frappe I'm going to make tomorrow morning . . . sans lid.

    Now you have a mini post. ;) Hope your day is blessed!

    ReplyDelete