Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Snow Month Activities

I am a theme person. Not surprising with my crazy ways of needing things to match and coordinate...its just the way I am. SO I decided January would need to be snow month and, of course, got a late start on any snow-themed activities from the move, and tried to fit it all in last week...when it was 70 degrees. :) Needless to say, I did some activities on the days that weren't so warm, but then it just seemed a bit ridiculous to have snowman pancakes after wearing sunglasses and sun hats at the zoo...so it had to run into February just a bit.



Our activities: reading winter books at Barnes and Noble, making snowman cards and mailing them, cutting out snowflakes, making a winter place-mat by gluing on the snowflakes and some snowmen pictures cut from old Christmas cards, so she could do it all herself (well, I did the glue) (this idea goes all the way from my childhood when we made Valentine's place-mats which I LOVED), snowy little people and snowball fights with cotton balls (what do you really use them for these days anyway?), gluing cotton balls on paper for a snowman (hers looks more like a snow caterpillar), and finally, snowman pancakes! (Stole that idea from a magazine.)

Looking forward to February fun!

2 comments:

  1. You are an amazing mom!! Love all the activities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute and such great ideas! It's like monthly advent activities!! Lily loved her card and put it up on the fridge as soon as she opened it! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete