Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lorelei At Three



Above picture: if anyone asks how old you are you just show them with a long drawn-out attempt to get the three fingers up.

Wow. It is amazing to me that you are three, yet I feel like I can't remember you being a baby, and cannot believe there was ever a time you couldn't talk. :) You talk our ears off. :)

You are 39 1/4 inches tall (90th %) and weighing in at 32 pounds (50th %).

Your main loves are still anything outside and animals.

Playing pretend has taken a biiiig part in your everyday life. We even have to make cars talk to each other instead of drive. :) You love doctor/vet, hair fixer, and also make up things to do with characters from your favorite TV shows. You do play with dolls but still not as into them as I hope you will be. I am instructed who I am and what I'm supposed to say/do.

When you count it is "One, two, three, five, four." With help you can count to ten.

You can identify some letters and sing ABCs but wouldn't be able to say them on your own. You do try to draw your name and Makin's name and get the L made fairly well.

Your favorite color is still blue, but thankfully you still like all the others too. Yesterday you told me you wanted your bed painted blue rather than white.

You take 1 1/2 hour nap each day.

You do a great job with prayers. Right now you love the "Johnny Appleseed" prayer and sing it very well, and that is pretty much all we ever get to say at mealtime anymore. Your evening prayers make us chuckle as Brad just starts you, "Dear Jesus, thank you for..." and you continue...many times thankful for your light, your wall...last night you even said forgive my sins...a few others and then..."forgive my sins again..." :) And then when you are done its a loud exuberant, "Amen!" :)

You have become quite the singer. I love this! I love catching you singing and making up songs. You are also super sweet with this with your brother when he is upset. You usually just sing, "It's okay Makin, Its okay..." You have been caught singing along in church too.

You get the giggles. This is hilarious. So girly and so contagious. Love it.

You still do not ever like to play by yourself. We did just find something yesterday you would do by yourself though...the sandbox!

You insist that I take your hair out before bath because, "Daddy is a boy." (And they don't have long hair so they don't know how to take it out right.) And you also specified that Grandpa could not take your hair out either because he is a boy too. ;)

A few fun stories:
Way back when I was 13 or something going to some babysitting camp for a day I was told to say, "Tell me about your picture." instead of "Whats that?" so you don't insult the kids. For some reason that little lesson stuck with me, so I use it with you all the time. The other day we were driving and you were drawing and had me draw something at the stop light. When I handed it back to you I got, "Tell me about your picture!" :)

Me: Are you out of patience today?
Lor: My patience went out the window!
Me: Where did you learn that?
Lor: You!

Me: Lor would you like a bite of yogurt?
Lor: No, (grinning) I would like a bite of coffee!

Brad told her to do something...
Lorelei: Just a minute, I have to check my phone.

Me (while driving in the car): Do you want a book or the drawing thing?
Lor: No, I just want to talk.
(Suddenly I know just how Brad feels...lol)

(As we pull into the garage you notice the super tall ladder we had to buy.) "Hey! There ladder for birthdays!" :) Well, so far that IS all it has been used for!

"It's gorgeous outside today."

We are often told "Be a good girl/boy." And the way you say girl is "gayel" :) You have some kind of funny accent when it comes to your rs. :)

You talk to EVERYONE when we go out. We often get comments about how friendly you are. :) Today in Walmart you seemed extra chatty as you wanted to do a return all by yourself and the lady was very impressed with you. :) I did help translate a bit. :) You also said "Oops sorry!" if you noticed you were in someone's way and told the greeter on our way out, "Bye, Have a good day!" :) Oh how we love watching you spread smiles!

2 comments:

  1. We miss Ms. Chatty! And I cracked up when I read about her patience going out the window! Your little girl is something else -- love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quote! She sounds like she is sunshine to everyone she encounters!

    ReplyDelete