Thursday, September 15, 2011

Makin At One/12 Months

Wow. I remember writing your birthday on the calendar and thinking that it seemed so far away and that I couldn't imagine you being one. You are growing up so fast and I guess I better try and just get on board. :)

You are 31 1/2 in tall (95th %) and 26.4 pounds (90th %).

You still love to eat and will pretty much never allow me to feed you. That results in applesauce on the floor...so we are not too big on the mushy foods right now. You are also suddenly a very picky breakfast eater. Ugh. We are working on getting you off the bottle and you are not happy about it. You seem to be hungry all the time, and will go grab a snack out of the diaper bag and bring it to me to let me know you are hungry! You have to eat at 5 pm. It does not matter if you just had a huge snack at 4, at 5 you want to eat again and will cry and hold your hands up to me until I get you some more food.

You are doing a little bit of pretending, which is so cute. Usually it is with the play dishes and you pretend to eat something, or feed me something and then make the eating noise.

You always go and mess up the play kitchen. You seem to think that the cookie sheet and shelf in the oven do not belong there or the baskets should not be put away. I clean it up, and as soon as you see that, you head over there and mess it all up again. The same goes for the towels in my real kitchen. Really, you are just super-talented at making messes.

You have started driving your cars a bit more. I'm amazed to see it because somehow boys just do it differently than girls! You try to make the "vroom" sound when I say it while playing with cars...what else are we supposed to do with cars? :)

Words...you have been talking a bit more lately which has made me feel much better. I noticed you talk more in the high chair. My conclusion is this...you have been too busy working on walking/running so the only time you think about talking is when you have no other options. Plus we all know boys can't multitask! Anyway, I'm hearing a better variety in consonants, but still no D!!! Poor Daddy...not sure when he will hear his name from you. Anyway, Mama is for sure, Ma - more, um- yum, wa wa- water, and those are pretty much all you say without some talking from me first. You also try Lorelei and it sounds like you are even attempting the L sound and usually do something with the "i" sound at the end. The great thing is that you are actually trying to say the words when I ask you (well most of the time...and look at me like I'm nuts when we try to get you to say Daddy) so can't wait to see the progress we will keep making!

Running as fast as your legs will let you. :) And falling plenty too!

A bit clingy. You tend to just grab onto my pant legs and follow me everywhere. In the morning this can be rough. The other day you ended up getting hit in the head with the refrigerator door and running your head into the corner of a drawer both within 30 minutes. :( Lots of bangs and bruises right now but you are pretty tough.

I'm not even going to talk about sleep. It better be a good report at your 18 month milestone when you have dropped morning nap and are sleeping perfectly every night and taking a 2+ hour nap every afternoon...better be.

Loving outside and dirt like your big sis! You throw your 1 year old fits if we have to go in when you are not ready, and are ready to head out before the sun comes up :)

You are now a pro at the whole-body head nod. It is AMAZING how much communication this opens up. It makes me realize that you understand pretty much everything and this is so great to be able to communicate with you so much better!

Love to grab my face and smile and give me hugs and I am blessed with a little bit of that sweetness each day.

2 comments:

  1. He is such a sweet, sweet boy. There is just so much goodness shining from his face. I LOVE that picture of him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the update. I think you're right - we need to meet up ASAP. I want hugs from the kiddos!

    ReplyDelete