Monday, April 16, 2012

Arbor Hills Nature Preserve

Oh my goodness. I cannot say how glad I am that we ventured to this special spot! One of the ladies who runs Divine Consign mentioned it a while ago on Facebook, and I have had it jotted down planning to go for months now. Today was an absolutely gorgeous day with a high in the mid 70s. Perfect, perfect.

One of my new favorite pictures. :)

We saw tons of butterflies, Rollie Polies and a worm. They loved petting every dog they could that was walking on the main trails. We even got to check out some dog prints in the mud. So much fun exploring!

Lots of little hidden areas and loved the stream. There was one part of the trail where all you walked on was a rock across the small stream, and as you can see, down a hill and up a hill. So of course, had to take one kid at a time. Then, they both wanted to stay there to check out the water up-close. :)


Just had to show our little man. (Who looks so grown up in today's pictures. My goodness!) He had me carrying him the last part of our trek (Thank goodness not TOO long before we found our way to the car, since I had no idea where I was going. My sense of direction did save us a bit, thankfully!) and he suddenly squirmed out of my arms and ran to this spot on the sidewalk saying "Em! Em" :) Love that he knows HIS letter. Then, not only was I supposed to carry him, but he also needed my sunglasses. Guess I know to pack his next time!

I also told Lorelei the next time we go we will pack a backpack with lunch so that it doesn't matter where we are, we can just stop and eat. We were there a bit over two hours but Lorelei definitely would have liked to stay longer. Loved our morning.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you guys had a blast! Makes me want to go run at the nature park near here. :) Glad you had a lovely adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a wonderful place!! Hopefully we'll make it to Dallas sometime this year and we can join you on a walk there.

    ReplyDelete