Thursday, April 19, 2012

Suppertime Chatter...And More Chatty Notes





And some more notes I already jotted down...

Lorelei:

(Flipping through the songs on our Frig DJ, which is kids songs about numbers, letters etc.) "Mom! I can't find Crazy Girl!" (And for more explanation...I love country music, so we listen to that in the car some of the time, and for some reason the song Crazy Girl by Eli Young Band has become "her" song. She recognizes it and always asks me to turn it up for her. :))

She is very big on saying telling us she is so proud of us. One of the things Brad and I say often that I'm actually GLAD she picked up on. :) I was pretty amused the other day when I swatted a fly and she said, "I so proud of you!" :) I'll take the encouragement where I can get it! :)

She has also picked up on our list making. A couple of fun examples are when we were at the zoo and she was looking at the zoo map, which had pictures of animals on it. "Tigers - check! Zebras - check! Monkeys - not check!" When we were heading out the door the other day she said, "We've got shoes! Check!" :)

She is very big on Berenstain Bears books and now the few shoes we have seen as well as her My Little Pony Book. As we were looking at pictures from the pony book of Ponyville she said "Maybe that Witter Jones' (BB character) house. Maybe she has a pony."

"That Mama spit?!" (When I wipe her face.)

Makin is into saying "Hi" to people in the store now and I commented that he was being friendly. She followed up with, "I think I friendly too." :) Ya think? ;)

She is very into Jeeps. Brad and I got quite a chuckle today when she kept saying "Jeep jeep jeep!" She was insisting it was right next to us and we were insisting that it was a van, not a jeep. She said, "But I see the tire!" Apparently the tire on the back is what makes a vehicle a jeep :)

Makin:

He loves circles.

He always picks the color "boo" but does not know what it really is. Every color is "boo."

He is a major copycat. Especially copying Brad...well his sister is the obvious one, but he loves to copy Brad too. Coughing, folding his arms, whistling...:) Quite fun.

As mentioned, now says "Hi" to people in the store.

Most common word used currently is "Mip" (Milk) which he says all day long and over and over until you put his cup in his hands! :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the videos. Makin has the best smile and Lor is just "so CUUUUTE!" And the "mama spit?" That really made me giggle this morning!

    ReplyDelete