Friday, April 13, 2012

Tidbits

There are so many moments with Makin that make us smile and it so much harder to jot down his cute little quirks than to write down Lorelei's quotes! So here is my best shot...

When Lorelei is sent to her room or something similar he just started giving me this big sigh like, "what are we going to do with her?" :)

He is getting quite exasperated at the fact I still don't understand him as much as he thinks I should. "Fork" for instance, is one I usually take FOREVER to get. "Ka" ?? Who wouldn't know that was fork? ;) Anyway, he points to the cabinet as he says it and as I said "oh fork!?" He nodded his head with a huge relief that I got it so quickly. :)

After some one-on-one I noticed he is pretty good at puzzles! :)

He loves to pretend to be a puppy, especially with big sister.

He loves to run charging at our legs and give us a big leg hug.



And of course, our girl keeps us smiling constantly as well. A few of her latest quotes...(some from probably over a month ago...ooops)

"Uh oh. We can't play in my room. There was a tomato, Mommy." :) This was before all the tornado drama. Apparently I have used the term, "looks like a tornado hit here" a few times!

As I was cleaning up their room and complaining that they weren't helping me with their mess Lorelei just said, "You can put one sticker on my sticker chart."

(As Brad was working to hang frames up...) "We not supposed to draw on walls!"

She starts many sentences, "I have exciting news..."

A few weeks ago we were talking about watching Dancing With The Stars and let her watch the first few minutes of it. She was extremely disappointed and kept asking where the stars were... :) Then I was telling her about watching the meteor shower next weekend and how we could watch the stars fall. She said, "Just stars? Not people?" :) I don't know...people falling from the sky would be pretty interesting too. ;)

Her other favorite phrase right now is, "He is so CUTE." May try to get a video of this one. Fun to watch her playing with how she says things. This mostly applies to Makin, dogs and babies.

3 comments:

  1. LOVE hearing about the kids. They are growing up way too fast, but they are such wonderful kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are amazing! "I have exciting news" -- that is beyond cute!! And Makin is just a complete sweetheart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Makin is so cute and they get so excited when we finally understand them :). And, Lor is so funny, love the story about the stars! Nothing beats this age!

    ReplyDelete