Thursday, August 23, 2012

Organizational Bliss

This is the name of one of my "boards" on Pinterest. I will save yet another Pinterest rave, but just know, I love how it has kick-started me into organizing as I have been wanting to do forever, and now that a few ideas have cleaned out the cobwebs in my brain, I am loving it!

So, one of my first organizing priorities was counter-top clutter.
We turned this:





























Into this:

A weekly organizer (wipe of with dry erase markers) so we can have our schedule right there instead of making a new paper I seemed to have each week. It also has an area for notes for next week or whatever you need. Below is for organizing our mail. And all put together by Brad and myself on the cheap! :)

We both felt lighter after completing this. Love, LOVE!

Also not pictured...I have a binder for myself. Got this idea from Sara a while back, mine is not nearly as organized as hers, but still amazingly helpful nonetheless. Every paper I need to keep goes in the binder. I have a birthday party section, Christmas planner section, section for activities for the kids...you get the idea. I have had it for a while now, but that is a huge help in getting rid of any clutter as well.




I also read a while back the wonderful idea to make a "visitors" cleaning check list and laminate it so that you don't have to make a new one each time. I love that idea (although that one has yet to be made) but I then turned it into our regular Brad/Elizabeth To Do lists idea. We each picked a piece of scrapbook paper (no golf ball pages to be found!) and then I laminated it and put up in the cabinet. And wipe off when job is done! Woo hoo!

3 comments:

  1. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE! There are simply no other words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so fabulous!! That weekly organizer is so cute.

    ReplyDelete