Thursday, August 23, 2012

Unexpected August Weather

August in Texas is usually something I am dreading...and was pretty bummed we didn't get to go cool off in Nebraska to get a break from the heat...well, I have nothing to complain about, as the weather was beautiful over the last week!

Temperatures were in the low to mid 90s, with one or two days not even reaching 90! It was amazing and I'm so, SO thankful.



The kids played outside pretty much every morning. "Maf" (golf) and sandbox time galore made for very happy kids! Makin is now too much of a golf snob for his little plastic kid's clubs and only wants to use old ones of Brads...on a Craigslist hunt for kids clubs! :)








Auntie Di and I planned to meet up at the mall on Tuesday, which happened to be our rainy day of the week! The kids got to play outside with Brad before we left and he went into work, and it was pouring rain while we were at the mall, and we got to go back out when we got home since it cleared up by then!

We had a wonderful visit at the mall and the kids were completely spoiled by Auntie Di. The kids got a train ride, lunch at Rainforest Cafe, a carousel ride, AND cookies. Lorelei asked if we could sit by the elephants at lunch, so per Di's request, they seated us RIGHT next to them. Lorelei loved it. Makin opted for the high chair as far away from them as possible. :) And it goes without saying that Makin was beyond elated to go on a train ride, and picked the blue car out for them to ride in. Di said that on their ride Lorelei said, "I can hear the train saying, 'I think I can, I think I can.'" :) We are so thankful to live close to such a special lady and so thankful for a little spoiling. :)


Wednesday was bright and beautiful and full of friend time. Aubrey and Morgan finally got to check out the sandbox and I finally got some Kyle cuddle time and Mary catch up time! So much fun for all of us.

The kids and I actually ventured out in the afternoon to get some library books too. Finally realized I should get some "First Day Of School" type books for Miss L! :)




Thursday afternoon we got in a little kiddie pool time followed by some patio sunbathing in the shade. ;) Lorelei said, "Its just like the beach." I then got out the two ice pops left from the Stahl visit in May and was reminded why I am not ready to have ice pops at our house. :) Makin was blue from head to toe! :)




Beautiful summer week.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun week! This week of cooler temps and clouds has given me bad fall fever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda, me too!!!!! I'm soooo excited for it to be fall, though!

    Also, Elizabeth - LOVE that shirt you wore to the mall, it always looks great on you! Enjoyed the joyful post! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun week! So glad that you got some great outdoor time in. Love the last pic of the two kids in their swimsuits.

    ReplyDelete