Thursday, September 25, 2014

Lorelei At Six

Lorelei you are just sounding older and older every day through your talking and actions. You have really silly moments and great big sister moments. Really sweet moments and of course some sour. ;) You are still full of energy and excitement about everything in life.

You still love animals and pretend to be one most of the time you play. You usually check out factual animal books from the school library and love learning about them.


You love being crafty and coloring and think the more colors used the prettier it looks. You are really good about coloring after quiet time if I'm still busy.

You love school. You love the social aspect the most and recess is usually one of your best parts of the day. You also love that you are learning to read, but get easily frustrated that you somehow don't already read perfectly. ;)

You like to start sentences..."When I'm a mom..." and explain how you will do things. Pretty fun to hear your plans. :)








Quotable Moments

Me: Can you stop asking 100 questions?
L: That's what I do. That's my job!

"I'm not big on licorices." (Continues eating entire piece.)

(During pillow time, punishment where they have to hold a pillow out with arms up...) "What if Jesus didn't make our arms to do this?"

"Daddy, you need a pedicure!"

"I distinctly remember."

Lor: Makin, will you go outside with me?
Makin: No
Lor (casually guilt tripping...): Fine. Then there will be a bad guy. He will take me. And you won't be able to save me.


Common ways to start sentences...
"I saw on Pinterest..." (and no, she does not check pinterest)
"Would it be the end of the world if..."

"I know two of your favorite things in the world. Reading books and hugs."

She is using fun words like "impression" and "potentially" and its so fun to hear.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there."

(Trying to convince me that she should have a second cookie...) "But its not fair to those cookies that I had one of the other kind and not them."

"A'course" (accent/slang for "of course") is used almost daily as well as "Oooo la la!" when she thinks something is pretty.
"Mom, why is it called Russia? Do they always rush?"

Makin: Why do you have to take pictures?
Me: So when you look back it will help you remember.
Lorelei: AND because we're so cute.

"Note to self. Do NOT do that again."

Me: Don't you know its Husker game day so you have to wear your Husker outfit?
L: (raises eyebrows and looks at me skeptically) But they don't really see us...
Lorelei's Six Year Interview

Favorites -
Food: Basketti
Place: Gobs of Fun
Movie: Tinkerbell
Color: Pink
Thing To Do:  Play Doggies 
Animal: Giraffe
Books: Berenstein Bears
Song: Amazing Grace
Treat: Cookies
Holiday: Christmas

What do you like to do with Daddy?  Play Legos

What do you like to do with Mommy? Read Books

What do you like to do with Makin? Play Doggies

What makes you happy? Mommy Loving Me (yes, insert sigh)

What do you think about before you fall asleep? My Little Ponies dancing on a rainbow

What do you want to be when you grow up? A Lion Tamer (then giggling uncontrollably at her answer)

2 comments:

  1. Love these so much!!!! Give that girl a hug for me and tell her I miss her a super whole lot!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that girl! That first picture of her in the pool is really fantastic. We miss you guys!!

    ReplyDelete