Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Pumpkins Pumpkins Pumpkins!


Lets just start out by saying...we now have 590 pictures in our October 09 album! And we still have Halloween coming up!!

Okay well the last couple days have been a chance for a lot of pumpkin pictures.
Tuesday we stayed home all day (yes I went insane there towards the end) but did make a trip to Food Lion for a few groceries and a mommy pumpkin (one for each member of the family of course) so Lorelei was thrilled to pick one that was the perfect height for sitting! :)



She also LOVES to carry her little pumpkin around all over the balcony. She also wants it to sit on the ledge with her.

This one is one I thought my sister would like so have to get it up here.



We also made our first attempt at play dough. This was a total flop as all Lorelei wanted to do was eat it and then had a huge fit when I took it away. Guess we'll give it to some older friends to play with!

Wednesday ended up being a great day for us. Lorelei and I made a trip to the mall in Norfolk since it was a rainy morning and the parks etc would be wet. This means we got to meet Brad for lunch. Yay! We went early to avoid the mob of kids at the play area. She really enjoyed it. Then we went in a few stores before Brad came for lunch. She also got her first ride on one of those toy car things. They have them near the play area and she enjoyed playing in them. We only put quarters in one and she was just content to play without them moving...wonder how much longer that will last? :)

Then when Brad got home...pumpkin carving! We were excited to do it outside this year, since last year it was too dark by the time we got started. This makes much less mess in the house too! Brad is the designated family carver because I do not have enough strength, ability, or patience for this task. This leaves me to get the guts out of the pumpkins and get the seeds all ready for baking the next day. Lorelei enjoyed watching and actually lasted a lot longer than we thought she would. I'm waiting to see her reaction to her beloved pumpkins having faces... :) As I'm typing this Brad is still working on the last pumpkin. What a trooper. :)


Lorelei wanting to scoop out the guts herself after watching me do it.
Then trying to feed Brad with the scoop. :)


Some fun moments:
Brad cutting the paper for the faces and me asking why "because pumpkins are round, and paper is flat." Good thing I have him to tell me that stuff right?

Also Lorelei has been having a lot of fun going behind the chair outside and peeking out. Tonight she started to say her own version of "boo" when she peeked out. SO CUTE!

Before we headed to the store I said "let me go get my shoes" and when I came back Lorelei had gotten one of her shoes out of her diaper bag and was handing it to me to put it on.


Low: sooo tired, are grown ups never not tired?, working on the calendar for MOMS club...computers!

High: fun shopping today, getting some frames to put pictures in, previously mentioned fun moments. :), yummy pumpkin bars that I get to make now too, beautiful weather, getting packages in the mail

No comments:

Post a Comment