Monday, December 13, 2010

SNOW


...in Virginia Beach...in DECEMBER!!! This cannot mean good things when winter actually GETS HERE!!! Sorry, when it comes to snow, I rival the Grinch. :) The good news is, we didn't have to go outside! I didn't have to drive in it! It wasn't that bad this time...but I was a bit bummed they didn't flip out and let Brad stay home. :)

Monday morning Lorelei woke up with a nasty cold and you could tell she was not feeling very good...she was quiet! So, I planned for a day of staying around home and keeping warm and was thanking my lucky stars I was not living in MN like my friend Verna! :)

The snowflakes started falling just as Brad was heading to work and Lorelei was thrilled. She seemed content to just eat her toast and have a PJ day, but then after a little bit of deliberating I figured she better get outside and enjoy the snow. She quickly got dressed and bundled up to head out.

She loved making footprints in the snow. She kept looking up at the sky and it looked so cute, then when I tried to get a picture, of course, she quit. After asking her to do it a few times I said in frustration "Are you going to look up at the sky or not?" And as is her usual answer these days with this question. "Not." Saying it plain and simple like it was just one of two choices I gave her and she simply picked that one. :) Ugh!

As Lorelei was playing in the snow...

Me: Eat it! Lorelei: No Yuck! :)

I had to convince her snow was not yucky and told her it would taste like ice. She liked it and kept saying, "Ice! Ice!"













Makin's take on snow...WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME YOU CRAZY LADY!? At first I was going to just leave him cozy in his swing...then realized it was his FIRST SNOW...so had to go out in it. :)













Once I got him calmed down he thought it was okay to look at...as long as Mom was holding him. :)




We topped the morning off with some hot cocoa and Lorelei took the longest afternoon nap ever... :) When Brad was asking her about her day and she was telling him about the snow he asked if she liked it...she said "No! Too cold!" :) Well sure didn't look like she minded but I'm glad she has SOME of her parents blood in her. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Adorable sibling snow pic. We'll have to do a snow day sometime where one person stays inside with the babies and the other one goes out with the big kids!

    ReplyDelete