Friday, December 24, 2010

Sugar Cookies

As was our entire Christmas season...running a bit behind...were the sugar cookies. We finally got them cut out Thursday evening and then ended up frosting them Friday...not sure that is a tradition I want to continue, but it worked for this year.



Lorelei enjoyed "hep" (helping) roll out the dough and cut them out, but it sure stressed her mother out. :) Somehow my patience had run out when it came to making cut-outs. Maybe I can find a mini rolling pin for her next year and it will go better when she doesn't feel the need to smash the dough with her hands? :)



Friday we frosted. Well, I did the frosting and Lorelei did the major decorating. The first cookie I made I handed it to her on a plate and gave her the sprinkles...or "sprinkies" as she calls them (so cute!)...and what on earth was I thinking? Two seconds later I glanced back at her and she had dumped the entire bottle of sprinkles onto one star. Thankfully Brad was home so he saved many sprinkles and helped me to not have to mess with the clean up. After that there was much help from me with the sprinkling. She also loved the M&Ms and we had quite a few cookies with as many of those as could fit. :) Still yummy though! Now, to eat them!

1 comment:

  1. You could always try one of those little play doh rollers with Lor . . . :-)

    ReplyDelete