Sunday, May 13, 2012

Picture-less Mother's Day Weekend

Believe it or not, I did not take any pictures this weekend! (Okay, so I did take one of the fabric for the sandbox to help match it to the stain in the store, but no PEOPLE pictures.) Many people would not find this commendable, but I do give myself a little pat when I give my kids and hubby a break from the endless picture taking. I have cut back quite a bit!

We have not done a great job of balancing fun and work these last few weeks. I'm figuring we have lots of fun planned in the months coming up to make up for it though. At least 7 fun visitors/visiting plans for the summer, so many picture-taking moments ahead of us. So for now, we are work, work and more work. The great part of our weekend was that we finally got a second vehicle! Brad now has a car to drive, which has freed up our schedule immensely and I'm very excited for that. Not to mention he is now planning to work from 7-4 which means much more fun time with him rather than just supper/bath/bed. Next step is scheduling his hours for every-other weekend with a Mon/Fri off...lets hope it's coming soon!

Mothers Day...well it was a list-checking day for us. This is very much a gift to me, as I am much happier when I do not have a huge list of things that need to get done. Another Lowes trip, Brad's hair cut, yard work...you get the idea. However the extra-special treat for me was that I got to sleep in!!! Have not slept until 8 in forever. Loved it.

I was also sent wonderful cards and gifts from family and made me feel so special from each one.

We are so thankful and blessed to have been raised by wonderful mothers who support us in all we do. We love you both!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day to one of my all-time favorite moms!! And congrats on whittling the list down -- I'm right there with you on how good that feels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day! Congrats on the list doin', feels so great to get things done!!

    ReplyDelete