Sunday, June 17, 2012

Book Of The Week

So I have this idea to do a book of the week...we'll see if it becomes book of the month or the year, no promises, but I'll explain why. As known to all of you, I love, LOVE books. Especially children's books. I am hoping I am turning our little ones into bookworms with baskets and bookshelves overflowing. As I was reading Corduroy for the millionth time I was reminded of the idea I've had a few times with such special books, which is making sure you all know some of our favorites! We have a wonderful collection and I wanted to share it with you other mom readers who may not have read all of them. So, now you will get some recommendations to check out from your local library if you don't have them already! :) Okay I am starting to sound like Reading Rainbow now, but I guess there could be worse things. ;) So here is Corduroy...The story of a little stuffed bear who anxiously waits for a family, and the little girl who spends her own money to buy him. A classic and favorite at our house. Hope you get a chance to read it!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! We have Corduroy, too. It was one of MY favorites as a kid! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! Corduroy is one of our favorites!

    ReplyDelete