Sunday, July 29, 2012

Looooooong Week

Its been a rough week. A long week. Brad has been working A LOT. We have been lucky to see him for one hour a day, basically. (He is here to sleep some, but that doesn't count in our hours in my book.) And of course, we are all worn out for all different reasons. It is one of those situations where, you know it is working out, and you can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but man I just wish I could sleep on the rest of the ride. And wishing I had a fairy godmother to come play with my kids and give me a break. And I know each and every one of you reading this would love to do that! :) Anyway, its been almost a month where I feel close to being a single parent at many points, but it should get better soon. Prayers for patience for me and rest and recoup for Brad who is way overworked are appreciated!

And, to top it all off, after working Saturday (yes, ugh!) we were supposed to FINALLY have Sunday as a family and also go out to Red Lobster for supper to celebrate getting the keys to the house ONE YEAR AGO!!! Hold your applause please. ;) Anyway, you read the word SUPPOSED to correctly, beacause I am, in fact, blogging on my Sunday afternoon while Brad goes out golfing. Now that I got you mad, I have to explain that it was a huge opportunity for him because he is golfing with... the owner of the Dallas Cowboys!!! Some of you don't care, but it is so exciting for him, and the owner is actually interested in using the Guttie Golf software for a Dallas Cowboys golf tournament. So anyway, he couldn't pass it up, and I cannot wait to hear how it goes. So, now a few pics from our week. :)

The kids and I have been keeping busy, mostly inside because of the heat, with play dates, library time, etc. We are all very ready to be settled into a normal routine again...Daddy included!


"Carwash" with shaving cream and paint brushes. The idea mentioned a spray bottle, which would have been a great feature. On the list for next time. Lorelei loved loved loved it. My little tactile learner all the way.









Couch tent with blankets! :) Love them.













Yes, I have really lost it by this point. Finger painting across the floor. ;) They were supposed to have fun using the different textures, like bubble wrap, but she just loved the finger painting. Makin barely touched it. :) My little neat freak.

Train! With an extra caboose. ;)













Brad working Saturday = Baking Mommy some comfort cookies, oatmeal chocolate chip of course. :)

















And so, SO thankful for these BEAUTIFUL smiles I get to see each and every day. Would not trade what I do for the world. They are my blessings, even if I'm out of patience. :)
Love them so much!

1 comment:

  1. Ugh, hang in there. I know how not fun the working a lot/single parenting gig is. Thinking of you and Brad and hoping that the light at the end of the tunnel comes very, very soon! But woo hoo for Brad's super cool golf game!! That is awesome.

    ReplyDelete