Monday, July 23, 2012

Map Practice and What Is In The Sock

Okay, so you may start to notice a trend in some "at home games" or activities coming up. This is for several reasons... A)I have finally been taking the time to go through my lists on Pinterest and have found some AMAZING ideas. Loving it. Wondering why I haven't thought of them myself! B)It seems like we have been staying around the house more lately. Partially because of the summer hibernation and partially with Brad's wacky work schedule. Anyway, excited to try out some new things for sure!

One of our first fun ideas will help the kids learn map skills! (Melissa, I can picture your kids doing this for HOURS. It seems like a Bonfiglio game to me. ;) )

Originally I tried to have Lorelei draw a map of the living room. While I would like to claim that she drew this instead of myself, I AM that bad an artist. I may have Brad spruce it up a bit later. :) She did not grasp the idea of making her own map. Maybe in a year. :) Anyway, she had tons of fun playing "hide the toy" in the living room. Then I put the X on the map where the toy was located, and then they found it. It is still WAY trickier for her than I thought it would be. Definitely going to be teaching her something! They have a blast. Makin runs around saying, "X! X!" Of course, we have also tried in the reverse where she hides it for me, but as mentioned, we need practice for sure!

Another quick one we tried was, "What's In The Sock?" I found objects that could fit in a sock and then she had to guess what was in it. It was interesting to see what she could easily guess (block, ball and magnifying glass) and then struggled with. Again, learning experience to grow from!!! Then she picked toys for me to guess while I did the dishes. Fun to see what she picked to put in the sock. :)

1 comment:

  1. Love those games, especially the map game! We'll definitely have to try playing those this week.

    ReplyDelete