Monday, July 2, 2012

The Sand Dunes

Monday was our trip to the Beaver Sand Dunes. This was something I requested for our visit. I have many childhood memories here, as it was very often our class field trip and also someplace we went with friends.

Of course, we have not been there in YEARS, so Mom and I were amazed at how much it has changed. We kept driving around trying to find the location we went to as kids...well, I think we found it, it just doesn't look the same! It is now overgrown with brush etc and I'm guessing the sand shifted a decent amount too.

Anyway, we still enjoyed our visit, but wanted to give you a peek at what we had as kids. I am top right and Heather is bottom left. At least SHE looked at the camera! :)




And now, my kids at the sand dunes. :) So, the sledding thing was a little harder than anticipated. Lorelei quickly lost interest, no matter how hard I tried to get her to go down. Makin had no interest to begin with. :) They did enjoy their sand time. :) Just not as I thought they would!

We headed over to the ORV area, which was just sand hills. This is the place we plan to go next time. Lorelei loved seeing this desert-like spot and climbing the massive hill. Hoping the sledding will work here next time, as long as we come when no one wants to drive their 4 wheelers! When Lorelei saw it she said, "Maybe there will be one camel!" :) The kids loved having Nana draw their names in the sand and then they promptly dove onto it to erase it.

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome!!!! I told John recently I wanted to take Sydney there in a few years.

    ReplyDelete