Friday, November 8, 2013

Early November Activities

The Park

So gorgeous here in the fall. They loved riding bikes and getting sandbox and playground time too!



Letters And Geography

We were covering N and O this week when learning our letters...so I decided we needed to learn about two of our favorite states. :) Was so fun looking up info from each state and teaching the kids about it. They had never had Kool Aid which was invented in Nebraska, so we had to make our first batch and give it a try. :)


Did you know the first shopping cart was invented in Oklahoma!?! I didn't! :) Oklahoma has the best state rock. The rose rock. :) I looked it up and Lorelei looked at the pictures online to draw her own. You can also see that she wrote "rose rock" on her own. :) Also had to sneak in a chance to watch a video clip with songs from the movie Oklahoma! :)


Warm Treats
I haven't made hot chocolate yet, so the kids have enjoyed apple cider if they want a warm drink. They also discovered they like oatmeal! Yay!


Proud Mom

I am loving how good the kids are at keeping themselves busy while I do chores. I still hear plenty "play with me" each day, but we are getting a good balance of both. I was doing something in the kitchen and just loved how nice both kids were keeping occupied without a peep. Later that day they had the hallway covered with blankets and pillows for their animal beds. I couldn't walk, but don't care when they are playing so nicely! They are also doing a great job learning their letters. :)


1 comment:

  1. Love it - what a fun way to learn letters and some new facts too!

    ReplyDelete