Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Helping Mommy

I wholeheartedly agree that chores are important for kids. So, SO important. I just haven't made the super-cute chore charts I have planned from Pinterest yet! So, my kids don't have to do them each day right now...and in reality not until after January at this rate! I always feel horribly guilty when I spent an entire day cleaning. I like to set aside time each day for at least 20-30 minutes uninterrupted playtime with them, and on days like this (preparing for visitors/a holiday) it just doesn't happen. It makes me feel so much better when they ask me what they can do to help, and are so HAPPY when they help with jobs around the house.

So, I guess character-building days brought on by chores are good for them too, even though we'd all rather be doing something a bit more fun. ;)

Also...if any of you other moms have any advice for better balance with the cleaning to be done around the house and a schedule that works for you, let me know! :)

1 comment: