Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Small Changes

My plan was to start a home-sitting business as soon as we moved to Columbus. With the timing of our move, school was starting right away so most of my contacts had already found someone. We decided to wait it out and just watch children of people through connections. Last week we met with a family we knew when we were here 6 years ago who helped launch 1C. They need someone to watch their daughter twice a week because the grandparents who usually watch her are having some medical issues. So, this may be only a couple of months or may be longer, but for the next couple of months we now have a little girl named Drue joining us on Mondays and Wednesdays. (We also are finalizing plans for two girls to start mid-January. Their mom is a teacher so we will still have school breaks and they will leave around four, which I love!)

I'm not a big fan of change, but I'm trying to let this settle without being a basket case. Both kids had a few moments of meltdowns on Drue's first day, so there is definitely going to be a bit of transition period needed for all of us to get used to it. I'm thankful that we have a sweet girl with great manners for the kids to play with. I'm thankful that we can have a month and a half of getting used to twice a week before we have more kids a full five days each week. I'm thankful that I have had three and a half months of settling in and just enjoying my two kids all to myself before anyone started.


On Monday, while Drue was still there Lorelei decided she wanted to add a thankful leaf to our tree. She was thankful for Drue. When I asked Makin his best parts of the day he said, "golfing and playing with Drue." Regardless of my worries on how this will change us and affect them, they are embracing it and being such troopers on sharing their toys and their mommy. :)

Lor's picture. And yes, Drue has red hair in real life too. :)

1 comment:

  1. Good luck settling into your new routine! I bet the kids will love having other kids around regularly to play with and you'll be amazing with all of them.

    ReplyDelete