Wednesday, November 13, 2013

This And That

Lorelei


This girl has amazing coloring stamina. The day I took this picture she colored for a full hour in the morning (with about a 10 min break for breakfast) and then almost another full hour that afternoon.


Although we still have plenty of,  "Seriously? You are five...haven't you grown out of that?" moments around here, I have some "awe" moments too. Mostly having to do with her being a big sister. One I have really noticed is how she is being much sweeter about Makin's art work. This is not his strongest area, not to mention the two year difference it makes in coloring abilities, so she was a little harsh a while back. Now she excitedly compliments his pictures and talks about how much she likes them. So nice when you can see they are listening sometimes!

She was up in her tree and bonked her head when she stood up. (no tall ceilings here!) I said jokingly, "You hit your head on a cloud. (since the ceiling is white I say they are clouds above our tree) Kinda a hard cloud huh?"  She replied, "It must be frozen!" :)

She has a made up word for bummer/shucks kind of saying. Instead she says, "Boomers!" I just realized both my kids have their own made up words for this...

She likes to throw in "Dun Dun Dunnnn!" occasionally and not always correctly. Example: "Somebody is having bad manners...dun dun dunnn, Makin!"

"Mommy, my hands are just as colorful as this paper!" (marker all over them)

I explained I knew how to lift the hay-bale we got for our fall decorations out of the trunk and onto the porch because I am a farm girl. For days/weeks after that every time I did something she thought was cool or tough she would say, "Because you are a farm girl?"

She was picking out a pair of stick-on earrings for a trip to the mall. "Which ones look mall-ee?" :)

For some reason she compares everything to a shark. As _____________ (insert words like hungry, careful, fast) as a shark. No idea where that came from.

Lorelei was asking about people who were still asleep on the other side of the world. I gave her the only example I know, my friend, Luke. I explained he lived in Japan...
L: Japan!?! That means he will never grow up!
Me: (looking at her incredulously) Can you explain that?
L: Daddy said Japan will never grow up.
Me: Do you mean Peter Pan?
L: Yeah. He lives there.
***Brad would like a disclaimer that he did, in fact, tell her Never Never Land was where Peter Pan lives. ;)

(Playing Coffee Shop)
L: I'm letting him have coffee, even though he is two.
Me: But you know he is going to be "Aahhh!" crazy.
L: Well, you know, different mommies have different rules!


Makin

(Just love this pic of Makin. Our sporty smartie. :) )

Me: Makin Bradley!
M: Mommy Stahl!

"Lorelei, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
(And then they usually play their made up game they call the oopsies game.)

(At the library looking at the fish.)
M: Mommy, that fish talking to me.
Me: Oh yeah? What's he saying?
M: I don't know. I don't speak fish.

He has made up words he says that are similar to the meaning "Ah, man" Or "Bummer"
It is usually either "Gokeys" ore "Gahkeys".

I cracked up over three different things he said in the span of about 5 minutes while I was getting him ready for family pictures:
"Is this churchy and pictury?"
(We were listening to their Bible verse song to practice and it was "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.") "I don't know my evil song."
"I look spiffy."

He loves to be right. Happy to point it out to you every chance he gets. "I was wite!"

His current favorite big word is ginormous.

We may have been boosting his ego just a tad too much...now when you ask him, "How do you know that?!" He replies simply, "Cuz I smart." :)

(Lorelei crying because he hit her with something...)
"But it's not bleeding..."

I was reading The Bernstein Bears Bad Habit and asked the kids if they thought they had any bad habits. Makin quickly said, "Yes. Getting into trouble."

(Picking out a muffin.) "Is it the chocolate chipiest?"

1 comment: